CORONAVIRUS CLEANING PROTOCOL
By its nature, Yurtopia is well suited to limit exposure to others. Our yurts are situated more than 250 feet apart from one another in a wooded area, and guests do not typically interact with other guests or staff. However, in this time of heightened awareness, we have implemented several ADDITIONAL practices to mitigate risks and supplement our regular cleaning regimen. For those of you interested in the details of these new protocols, we’ve set out a summary below:
- your check-in and check-out will be self-directed via video link, so that you do not need to see anyone at all during your stay.
- all housekeeping staff wash hands before handling clean linens and towels and at onset and completion of every cleaning process
- all laundry is washed using a laundry detergent and sanitizer additive
- all housekeeping staff wear latex gloves when removing sheets and towels and cleaning bathrooms, and all gloves are removed before touching other surfaces
prior to each check-in isopropyl alcohol spray is applied to all:
- handles and knobs
- light switches
- a/c filters
- remote controls
- all yurt doors are kept open for at least an hour prior to a guest arrival to increase airflow.
We are committed to offering you flexible booking options. Given these unique circumstances we are making additional adjustments to our individual booking policies to give you extra peace of mind:
All reservations – new and existing – that are scheduled for arrival before April 30, 2020 can be cancelled with a credit applied to a future booking at no charge up to 48 hours before your scheduled arrival.
If you choose to cancel and use your credit towards a new reservation, please contact us at with suggested dates for a new reservation. We will send you a quote for the new booking that will reflect your current credit.
Credit will be valid until January 31, 2021.
Our goal is to keep our yurts up and running as a safe option for people as ‘social isolation” and “shelter in place” mandates become our reality. Wifi is excellent at the yurts, so you can easily work from our hilltop as well.
Please know that the health and wellbeing of our guests is a top priority at Yurtopia. We welcome your questions. Thank you for choosing Yurtopia Wimberley, and let's all stay healthy!