CORONAVIRUS CLEANING PROTOCOL
By its nature, Yurtopia is well-suited to limit exposure to others. Our Remote Hilltop Yurts are situated more than 250 feet apart from one another in a wooded area, and guests do not typically interact with other guests or staff. The RiverBluff Yurts are closer together (roughly 50 feet apart). However, each RiverBluff Yurt has its own private bathroom, yard and hammock. The RiverBluff area is more than 3 acres, so there's plenty of room to socially distance from your neighbors.
During this time of heightened awareness, we have implemented several ADDITIONAL practices to mitigate risks and supplement our regular cleaning regimen. For those of you interested in the details of these new protocols, we’ve set out a summary below:
- your check-in and check-out will be self-directed via video link, so that you do not need to see anyone at all during your stay. Yay for "contactless check-ins!"
- our staff is masked up when interacting with our guests. We'd love it if you'd do the same!
- all housekeeping staff wash hands before handling clean linens and towels and at onset and completion of every cleaning process
- all laundry is washed using a laundry detergent and sanitizer additive
- all housekeeping staff wear latex gloves when removing sheets and towels and cleaning bathrooms, and all gloves are removed before touching other surfaces
prior to each check-in isopropyl alcohol spray is applied to all:
- handles and knobs
- light switches
- a/c filters
- remote controls
Reservations that are cancelled more than 30 days prior to the arrival date will be fully refunded by us. Cancellations or changes that result in a shortened stay or that are made WITHIN 30 days of the arrival date, forfeit all payments made, including taxes. However, we offer travel insurance through our booking software. We highly recommend that you buy it, because if you have a last minute cancellation, it's the only way to guarantee a cash refund.
For cancellations made less than 30-days prior to arrival, we will do our best to rebook your dates with another guest. If we are successful in rebooking, your cancelled booking may be used as a credit towards a future reservation of equal or greater value. If you get reimbursed by the insurance company, then you won't have any credit on file.
Our goal is to keep our yurts up and running as a safe option for people as ‘social isolation” and “shelter in place” mandates become our reality. Wifi is excellent at the yurts, so you can easily work from our hilltop as well.
Please know that the health and wellbeing of our guests is a top priority at Yurtopia. We welcome your questions. Thank you for choosing Yurtopia Wimberley, and let's all stay healthy!